JJ CAKES & CATERING t/a WEBAKEYOURMEMORIES.CO.UK (collectively referred to as “WEBAKEYOURMEMORIES.CO.UK”, “we” or “us” in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at WEBAKEYOURMEMORIES.CO.UK, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. WEBAKEYOURMEMORIES.CO.UK is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit us, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained;
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
We respect you as our customer and protect your privacy, we never sell your data to anyone and only use specialist companies that have the same philosophy:
Here is the detailed policy statement:
Privacy notice and cookies
Please read this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) carefully as it describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to any website, application or service which references this Privacy Notice. Where you provide us with your personal information in any of the ways described in section 2 below, you agree that we may collect, store and use it:
- in order to perform our contractual obligations to you;
- based on our legitimate interests for processing (i.e. for internal administrative purposes, data analytics and benchmarking (see section 3 below for more information), direct marketing, maintaining automated back-up systems or for the detection or prevention of crime);or
- based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, as described in this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to all products and services offered by webakeyourmemories.co.uk (websites : webakeyourmemories.co.uk)
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- • register to use our websites, applications or services (including free trials); this may include your surname, first name, title, address, email address and telephone number, and the configuration of your ERP, or when you update your personal details
- • complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in webinars, post on our message boards or discussion forums, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information, such as white papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas on our website or within our applications or services;
- • interact with us using social media;
- • provide your contact details to us when signing up to our newsletter
- • contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
We will also collect your information where you only partially complete and/or abandon any information inputted into our website and/or other online forms and may use this information to contact you to remind you to complete any outstanding information and/or for marketing purposes.
We may enhance personal information we collect from you with information we obtain from third parties that are entitled to share that information; for example, information from credit agencies, search information providers or public sources (e.g. for customer due diligence purposes), but in each case as permitted by applicable laws.
Providing us with information about others If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to such disclosure. In so far as required by applicable data protection laws, you must ensure that you have provided the required notices and have obtained the individual’s explicit consent to provide us with the information and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Privacy Notice.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- • provide, maintain, protect and improve any applications, products, services and information that you have requested from us;
- • manage and administer your use of applications, products and services you have asked us to provide;
- • manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- • monitor, measure, enhance and protect our content, websites, applications and services and provide you with a personalised and quality user experience; where applicable, we will use a pseudonymised form of any information used for such purposes, and we will ensure that such information is presented in a package and will not be binding on you or any other person concerned;
- • perform, internally, checks on our websites, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security, provision and performance;
- • provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- • detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and fraud prevention authorities);
- • contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research.
- • to monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or any living individual;
- • deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including pop-ups) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
- • deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media providers); and
- • provide you with location- based services (for example, advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain information about you will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
Our website, applications (including mobile applications) and services may contain technology that enables us to:
- • Check specific information from your device or systems directly relevant to your use of the websites, applications or services against our records to make sure the websites, applications or services are being used in accordance with our end-user agreements and to troubleshoot any problems;
- • obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website, applications and services;
- • collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website, applications and services; and
- • gather statistical information about the operating system and environment from which you access our applications or services.
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser or our applications and services (where applicable).
In addition to the purposes described in this section 3, we may also use information we gather to deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging) or information to you which may be useful, based on your use of the website, applications or services or any other information we have about you (depending on the websites, applications or services, you may able to configure these features to suit your preferences). Sections 5 and 6 of this Privacy Notice provides further details on how we will do this.
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about our website, applications and services you order from us or ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
Mobile applications can provide us with information about their use by the user as well as the use of our applications and services that the user has access to via these mobile applications. We may use this information for the purpose of providing and improving the mobile application or our own services or applications. For example, you can record an action performed with a mobile application.
You can configure the privacy settings of our mobile app on your device, which can affect the performance of the mobile app in question and how it interacts with our apps and services.
DATA ANALYTICS AND BENCHMARKING
We may use information generated and stored during your use of our services for our legitimate business interests to enable us to give you the best service and/or solutions and the best experience. These purposes include to:
- • deliver advertising, marketing (including in-product messages via the Intercom solution) or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of services;
- • carry out research and development to improve our services, products and applications;
- • develop and provide new and existing functionality and services (including statistical analysis, benchmarking and forecasting services); and
- • develop and provide new and existing functionality and services (including statistical analysis, benchmarking and forecasting services); and
- • provide you with location based services (for example location relevant content) where we collect geo-location data to provide a relevant experience.
Whenever we use your information for our legitimate interests, we will ensure that your information is processed on a pseudonymised basis and displayed at aggregated levels, which will not be linked back to you or to any living individual.
You have the right to object to processing based on our legitimate interests. In such a situation, you will be invited to fill out a ‘right to be forgotten’ form, or a form to limit the processing of your personal data. If you object to this processing, this may affect our ability to provide certain services and/or solutions for your benefit.
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with:
- • any company within the webakeyourmemories.co.uk group, for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, (e.g. global information and customer relationship management; software and service compatibility and improvements; and to provide you with any information, applications, products or services that you have requested);
- • our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- • partners, including system implementers, resellers, value-added resellers, independent software vendors and developers that may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- • third parties used to facilitate payment transactions, for example clearing houses, clearing systems, financial institutions and transaction beneficiaries;
- • third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information (for example social media sites or other third party application providers);
- • third parties for marketing purposes (e.g. our partners and other third parties with whom we work and whose products or services we think will interest you in the operation of your business activities. For example, payment solutions providers, delivery agents, SMS service providers;
- • reference agents and fraud prevention authorities;
- • regulators to meet JJ Cakes & Catering t/a We Bake Your Memories legal and regulatory obligations;
- • law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders;
- • any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
- • any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- • our own and We Bake Your Memories professional advisors and auditors for the purpose of seeking professional advice or to meet our audit responsibilities;
- • another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets;
- • another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you; and
- • Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information about the use of our website, applications, products or services publicly or with third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our group companies and carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) may contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post, SMS or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences in your customer account, or by filling in a ‘Right to be Forgotten’ or ‘Limitation of processing’ form or when you provide us with your information on our websites, or indeed by unsubscribing from email of SMS communication by clicking on a link contained within these communications.
You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in the emails we send to you.
YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
Where you respond to communications we post on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Google and Twitter or LinkedIn), we may also share your information with those third parties in order to serve targeted advertising/content to you via the relevant third party platform based on your profile/interests. Your information is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and serve advertisements to you. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant provider’s platform and you should consult the third party’s help/support centre for more information.
- YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- • the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- • the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- • the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests;
- • the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- • where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- • the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- • the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know by so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for purposes set out in our Privacy Notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website, applications, and services.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, in conformity with the applicable European legislation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. However we will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice. We will always update this Privacy Notice on our website, so please try to read it when you visit the website (the ‘last updated’ reference tells you when we last updated this Privacy Notice).
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications and services via an internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact our customer service department via the usual client channels
- OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
Our websites, applications or services may enable you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable us to access from that account.
- COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND TRAFFIC DATA
During your first visit to our website we are obliged to install cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile. These cookies may be installed by us or by the service providers that operate on our behalf and the information collected is only used for our benefit. Cookies allow us:
- • to optimise your navigation and the functioning of our services
- • to carry out studies and statistics about the frequentation of our site
- • to process your requests via the contact forms
You can set your computer, tablet or mobile phone to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If you want, you can disable all cookies. This can be done in your browser settings. If you disable cookies, you will not have access to many features that make your experience as a customer easier, and some of our websites, apps and services will not work properly.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: ADDRESS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER (DPO)
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this Privacy Notice, your rights under local law, how to update your records or how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please send an e-mail to email@example.com